Kaiko Spikey Set : MEDIUM wrist spikey & finger spikey - Stretchy Metal
This is a great combo set of the MEDIUM wrist spikey and the finger spikey - both are strong sensory input
WRIST SPIKEYS - Stretchy Metal.
Ideally suited to those that like strong sensory input. The Kaiko Wrist Spikey Fidget is one of our most popular fidgets for those who need deep and focused pressure to assist with self-regulation. See below for a guide re size selection.
It is made of a black powder coated carbon steel metal that is 'woven' to be stretchy and flexible.
Also touted to have remedial benefit, stimulating acupressure points & assisting with circulation. These are stretchy but firm.
It is an ideal fidget for those who
- pick at their skin, fingernail and clothing.
- Especially for those who live with anxiety.
- We have had particularly good feedback from those who self-harm.
The wrist spikeys are STRETCHY. There is also a guide below to help you pick most suitable size for you.
How do I SELECT the Right SIZE?
Kaiko Spikey for wrist comes in 4 sizes.
The sizing of the spikey is very personal. Many of those that have tried it and find it helpful end up getting all 4 sizes and use in different contexts/situations. (We have a special with all 4 sold as a set listed, the medium , large & XL and also a set for a medium & XL)
At first glance it’s easy to assume sizing selection is best based on size of wrist or age of person using it. This is certainly one contributing factor, however over time its become clear that is isn't the only thing to consider.
The smaller the more sensory input it provides when rolled. if using it to roll then, irrespective of wrist size, the small is often the go to.
If twisting it around wrist the same amount on input can be achieved using any of the sizes as it is the pressure from the other hand that creates the degree of "ouch". The smaller one is great for strong input, but generally not comfortable to wear all day, more a use as required and then store away. Most who like to wear it all the time opt for the large (super slender wrist or younger child) or XL (most adults) depending on wrist size. Most adult wrists need the XL for all day wearing.
If unsure, I tend to recommend starting with the Medium or Large and go from there. Happy to chat regarding re your specific needs if that would be helpful.
The unstretched internal diameter (across) measurements are:
SMALL: 3cm - super intense for adults or for tiny child wrists.
MEDIUM: 3.5 cm - this is a great size for intense input for adult wrists to use as needed, then take off.
LARGE: 4cm - For all day wear for younger children or for petite wrists.
XL: 5cm for the XL - usually this is the best size for all day wear.
We have had customers who’ve bought the wrist spikey fidget from us and told us it has been the best tool to help them warding against tendency to self-harm, as it provides 'ouch' without damaging the skin. Of course, the spikey fidget does not replace accessing professional help. It is a useful tool for the kit-bag.
The Kaiko Spikey for wrist helps with self-regulation, calming, focus, concentration, tactile awareness and as a substitution for unhealthy/unhelpful behaviours. We have also had a number of customers report it being helpful in reducing pain & disturbed sensation in arms and muscles. Please consult your treating clinician regarding specific use for your specific condition.
The Kaiko wrist spikey fidget is discreet and looks like a trendy piece of jewellery. It is quiet and keeps your hands busy allowing you to focus.
Some ways to use the wrist spikey...
- Roll up & down the arm
- Rub between two palms
- Hold in one or two hands to fidget
- Wear on wrist & flick
- Place on wrist & twist around (similar to a 'Chinese burn') applying varying degrees of pressure dependent on preference. This technique has been particularly helpful for some in minimising self harm. It can provide the 'hurt' without the harm to the skin. Of course, the spikey fidget does not replace accessing professional help. It is a useful tool for the kit bag.
- Rub it on parts of body to replace picking, such as lips
Please note if wearing the wrist spikey for any period of time that it is important to monitor the skin to ensure it it is not compromising circulation. Many who like this also like the Kaiko Spikey for finger.
The spikey material is not designed to be over stretched/ over extended using both hands. If overstretched it will become out of shape and not return to its original form. Thus, not suitable for those that like to pull at things with two hands, like to pull things apart or generally like to test limits of products.
- Age 3+ (not suitable for under 3’s)
- Includes storage container
- Range of sizes
- Expandable carbon steel metal material
- The metal is highly durable but can be over stretched if used not in accordance with its typical use by rigorous stretching. It is not meant to be pulled significantly so may not suit some that like to pull things apart. It will not recover if over stretched.
Kaiko Fidget sensory tools can assist with...
- Supporting mental health & reducing anxiety
- Emotional regulation & sensory input
- Focus & concentration - great study or work tool
- Tactile awareness & desensitisation
- Hand function – improving fine motor, strength & circulation
- Managing stress
- Active listening - can increase focus & attention
- Reducing unhelpful habits - such as nail biting, smoking, tapping, hair twirling, pen clicking & leg bouncing etc.
- Sensory seeking substitution - finding a more socially acceptable outlet for sensory preferences
Not suitable for children under three years old.