Kaiko Spikey for the wrist - small, large & now XL available. Sensory tool for anxiety and can assist with harm minimisation also.
Ideally suited to those that like strong sensory input. The Kaiko Wrist Spikey Fidget is one of our most popular fidgets for those who need deep and focused pressure to assist with self regulation.
It is made of a black powder coated metal that is 'woven' to be stretchy and flexible.
It is an ideal fidget for those who pick at their skin, fingernail and clothing. We have had amazing feedback regarding this tool. Especially for those who live with anxiety. We have had particularly good feedback from those who self-harm. Indeed, we have had customers who’ve bought the wrist spikey fidget from us and told us it has been the best tool to help them warding against tendency to self harm, as it provides 'ouch' without damaging the skin. Of course, the spikey fidget does not replace accessing professional help. It is a useful tool for the kit-bag.
The Kaiko Spikey for wrist helps with self regulation, calming, focus, concentration, tactile awareness and as a substitution for unhealthy/unhelpful behaviours. We have also had a number of customers report it being helpful in reducing pain & disturbed sensation in arms and muscles. Please consult your treating clinician regarding specific use for your specific condition.
The Kaiko wrist spikey fidget is discreet and looks like a trendy piece of jewellery. It is quiet and keeps your hands busy allowing you to focus.
Kaiko Spikey for wrist comes in 3 sizes. (The XL will be available mid July 2020 by frequent request). Sizing Preference is not so much determined by size of wrist or age of person, although most prefer a snug fit so this can guide selection. The smallest gives the most sensory input. Many who like this also like the Kaiko Spikey for finger.
Some ways to use the wrist spikey...
- Roll up & down the arm
- Rub between two palms
- Hold in one or two hands to fidget
- Wear on wrist & flick
- Place on wrist & twist around (similar to a 'Chinese burn') applying varying degrees of pressure dependent on preference. This technique has been particularly helpful for some in minimising self harm. It can provide the 'hurt' without the harm to the skin. Of course, the spikey fidget does not replace accessing professional help. It is a useful tool for the kitbag.
Please note if wearing the wrist spikey for any period of time that it is important to monitor the skin to ensure it it is not compromising circulation.
- Age 3+ (not suitable for under 3’s)
- Includes storage container
- Range of sizes
- Expandable metal material
Kaiko Fidget sensory tools can assist with...
- Supporting mental health & reducing anxiety
- Emotional regulation & sensory input
- Focus & concentration - great study or work tool
- Tactile awareness & desensitisation
- Hand function – improving fine motor, strength & circulation
- Managing stress
- Active listening - can increase focus & attention
- Reducing unhelpful habits - such as nail biting, smoking, tapping, hair twirling, pen clicking & leg bouncing etc.
Not suitable for children under three years old.