This is a great combo set of the LARGE wrist spikey and the finger spikey - both are strong sensory input
WRIST SPIKEYS - Stretchy Metal. Come in a range of sizes. See below.
If wanting to wear it all day we recommend for most (kids and adults) that the XL be purchased. If wrist is petite then the Large. More details below.
Ideally suited to those that like strong sensory input. The Kaiko Wrist Spikey Fidget is one of our most popular fidgets for those who need deep and focused pressure to assist with self-regulation. See below for a guide re size selection.
It is made of a black powder coated carbon steel metal that is 'woven' to be stretchy and flexible.
Some ways to use the wrist spikey...
- Roll up & down the arm
- Rub between two palms
- Hold in one or two hands to fidget
- Wear on wrist & flick
- Place on wrist & twist around (similar to a 'Chinese burn') applying varying degrees of pressure dependent on preference. This technique has been particularly helpful for some in minimising self harm. It can provide the 'hurt' without the harm to the skin. Of course, the spikey fidget does not replace accessing professional help. It is a useful tool for the kit bag.
- Rub it on parts of body to replace picking, such as lips
Please note if wearing the wrist spikey for any period of time that it is important to monitor the skin to ensure it it is not compromising circulation. Many who like this also like the Kaiko Spikey for finger.
Also touted to have remedial benefit, stimulating acupressure points & assisting with circulation. These are stretchy but firm.
It is an ideal tool for those that
- need support to minimise self harm. It can provide the 'hurt' without the harm. (more information below)
- pick at their skin, fingernail and clothing.
- live with anxiety & find high sensory input helpful.
The wrist spikeys are STRETCHY. There is also a guide below to help you pick most suitable size..
How do I SELECT the Right SIZE?
Kaiko Spikey for wrist comes in 5 sizes.
If wanting to wear it all day we recommend for most (kids and adults) that the XL be purchased. If wrist is tiny then the Large. more details below.
The sizing selected for the wrist spikey is very personal. Many of those that have tried it and find it helpful end up getting all 4 smaller sizes and use in different contexts/situations.
At first glance, it’s easy to assume sizing selection is best based on size of wrist or age of person using it. This is certainly one contributing factor, however over time its become clear that is isn't the only thing to consider.
Its so important especially with the wrist spikey to select best size for purpose.
The wrist spikey is used in used 2 main ways –
1. for high sensory input rolled up and down arm (the small and medium deliver this best). The smaller the more sensory input it provides when rolled. if using it to roll then, irrespective of wrist size, the small is often the go to.
2. for harm minimisation /high input when distressed (twisted and pressed into wrist buy other hand in the moment of need) – for this you want the product to be wearable and literally on hand as needed. To wear it all day you want it to not band or create restriction. When using it in this way the size isn’t what delivers the high input it’s the pressure on twisting that does. SO a comfortable wearing sizes is what you're best to select. For very small wrists the large is good but for your average child to adult it’s the XL that is best. The XXL for large/chunky wrists or ankles
So essentially - if twisting it around wrist the same amount on input can be achieved using any of the sizes as it is the pressure from the other hand that creates the degree of "ouch". The smaller one is great for strong input, but generally not comfortable to wear all day, more a use as required and then store away. Most who like to wear it all the time opt for the large (super slender wrist or younger child) or XL (most adults) depending on wrist size. Most adult wrists need the XL for all day wearing.
If unsure, I am happy to chat regarding re your specific needs if that would be helpful.
The unstretched internal diameter (across) measurements are:
SMALL: 12.5 cm length - super intense for adults or for tiny child wrists.
MEDIUM: 14.5cm length - this is a great size for intense input for adult wrists to use as needed, then take off.
LARGE: 17 cm length - For all day wear for younger children or for petite wrists.
XL: 20.5cm length for the XL - usually this is the best size for ALL DAY wear for most teens & adults.
XXL: 24cm length -This is suitable for ankles and very large wrist
We have had customers who’ve bought the wrist spikey fidget from us and told us it has been the best tool to help them warding against tendency to self-harm, as it provides 'ouch' without damaging the skin. Of course, the spikey fidget does not replace accessing professional help. It is a useful tool for the kit-bag.
The Kaiko Spikey for wrist helps with self-regulation, calming, focus, concentration, tactile awareness and as a substitution for unhealthy/unhelpful behaviours. We have also had a number of customers report it being helpful in reducing pain & disturbed sensation in arms and muscles. Please consult your treating clinician regarding specific use for your specific condition.
The Kaiko wrist spikey fidget is discreet and looks like a trendy piece of jewellery. It is quiet and keeps your hands busy allowing you to focus.
The spikey material is not designed to be over stretched/ over extended using both hands. If overstretched it will become out of shape and not return to its original form. Thus, not suitable for those that like to pull at things with two hands, like to pull things apart or generally like to test limits of products.
- Age 3+ (not suitable for under 3’s)
- Includes storage container
- Range of sizes
- Expandable carbon steel metal material
- The metal is highly durable but can be over stretched if used not in accordance with its typical use by rigorous stretching. It is not meant to be pulled significantly so may not suit some that like to pull things apart. It will not recover if over stretched.
Kaiko Fidget sensory tools can assist with...
- Supporting mental health & reducing anxiety
- Emotional regulation & sensory input
- Focus & concentration - great study or work tool
- Tactile awareness & desensitisation
- Hand function – improving fine motor, strength & circulation
- Managing stress
- Active listening - can increase focus & attention
- Reducing unhelpful habits - such as nail biting, smoking, tapping, hair twirling, pen clicking & leg bouncing etc.
- Sensory seeking substitution - finding a more socially acceptable outlet for sensory preferences
Not suitable for children under three years old.
We aim to post all orders within 24 hours of receiving an order.
Standard Shipping Rate is $12.95 (3-5 business days)
Express Shipping Rate is $16.95 (1-2 business days)
Large or special items may incur additional postage & handling charges.
We ship to most destinations around the world. There are some set up for flat rate shipping.
Please note that charges do not include any duty/taxes charged by your country's port authorities (if applicable). You will be responsible for any charges they may add. We are unable to quote these as they vary from country to country, however will show up as a flat rate at checkout based on your location.
If your country isn't set up for flat rate shipping please email us a list of the products you are interested in and your shipping information /address to email@example.com and we can provide you with a quote.
We have a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused, with tags, and in its original packaging. You’ll also need the receipt or proof of purchase.
To start a return, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your return is accepted, we’ll send you a return shipping label, as well as instructions on how and where to send your package. Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted.
You can always contact us for any return question at email@example.com.