As an Occupational Therapist I love to be able to support other educators & clinicians to both problem solve & product match to specific needs. The range is broad, covering a wide range of sensory needs. They help support mental health, focus and can assist with anxiety.
My top recommendations generally speaking for a clinical kit are
- The Works Kit- this has a good range of sensory profiles covered from 'soft' to spiky!
- Hand rollers in 100, 180 & 250gms
- PLUS individual fidgets - the Small (great to assist with hand writing development) jumbo, mega 20
- Necklace caterpillar in black - its a wonderful 'on hand' fidget. Always there when needed. Plenty of clinicians actually wear these to support themselves.
- Spikey for wrists in each of the 3 sizes. High sensory input and also can assist minimise picking /cutting /self harming behaviours
- Magnetic board
- LCD boards - the 10” LCD board or Enote pad (is my pick as it has a rounder stylus so much better clinically for hand position and grip
- Japanese face squishy.
- Turtle poppers - great for finger strength
- Stretch sand - very sensory
Our tools really come into their own for teens and adults but are suitable for 3 plus. We have even developed a range to help with harm minimisation. We love working closely with a range of clinicians and organisations, as well as families & individuals and welcome any feedback , questions or comments.
We are Melbourne based and I regularly attend schools and practices for team meetings to show the range and discuss clinical benefits & uses as well as speak to how the use of sensory tools positively impacts both mental health, focus and supports the way the brain functions. If not based in Melbourne I can also do this via zoom or phone.
Listen to what some clinicians are saying about our products:
We are happy custom design clinical kits for your workplace tailored to those you work with. To do this its best to chat with me either via email or phone.
Occupational Therapist & Mum to Kai