The Kaiko wrist & finger spikey BUNDLE is designed for those who want to explore the size ranges and personal preferences. They are discreet to wear & use.
Our spikey range are primarily used as a harm minimisation tools that provides 'hurt without harm' or for those that benefit from deep, focused pressure to assist with regulation and respond well to high sensory input.
It's important to watch the video here on ways to use so you/they understand how to achieve what you/they need in terms of 'ouch' 😊
This set contains
- 4 different wrist spikey sizes - Small, Medium, Large plus a bit & XL
- BLACK a standard finger spikey & a
- BLACK TIGHTER finger spikey.
The Kaiko Spikey range help with self-regulation, calming, focus, concentration, tactile awareness and as a substitution for unhealthy/unhelpful behaviours. We have also had a number of customers report it being helpful in reducing pain & disturbed sensation in arms and muscles. Also touted to have remedial benefit, stimulating acupressure points & assisting with circulation. Please consult your treating clinician regarding specific use for your specific condition.
These are stretchy but firm. They are made of a black powder coated carbon steel metal that is 'woven' to be stretchy and flexible (see care instructions below). See below for a guide re size selection.
Please let us know in the notes section of the cart page if you would like different colours swapped in. PLEASE NOTE that not all finger spikey colours are availbale in the tighter style so please refer the product pages before deciding on colour to ensure its actually available. Wrist spikeys also come in teal and purple, however only in a few sizes. Again check the product pages to check if it comes in the size you are after before adding note to cart.
Some ways to use the wrist & finger spikey...
- Roll up & down the arm
- Rub between two palms
- Hold in one or two hands to fidget
- Wear on wrist & flick
- Place on wrist & twist around (similar to a 'Chinese burn') applying varying degrees of pressure dependent on preference. This technique has been particularly helpful for some in minimising self harm. It can provide the 'hurt' without the harm to the skin. Of course, the spikey fidget does not replace accessing professional help. It is a useful tool for the kit bag.
- Rub it on parts of body to replace picking, such as lips
- Roll up & down the finger. It can be rolled using the same hand or alternate hand. This is great for focus.
- Place on one finger at the base (middle finger often best) & squeeze/clench fist. This is, for most, the way they use it for harm minimisation.
- Place on finger & twist around, applying varying degrees of pressure-dependent on preference. This technique has been particularly helpful for some in minimising self-harm as it can provide the 'hurt' without harm to the skin.
- Rub between two palms for a scratchy feel.
- Hold in one or two hands to fidget.
The wrist spikey is used in used 2 main ways –
1. for high sensory input rolled up and down arm -The small & medium are great for strong input, but generally not comfortable to wear all day, more a 'use as required and then store away' size. The smaller, the more sensory input it provides when rolled.
2. for harm minimisation /high input when distressed (twisted and pressed into wrist buy other hand in the moment of need) – for this you want the product to be wearable and literally on hand as needed.
To wear it all day you want it to not band or create restriction. When using it in this way the size isn’t what delivers the high input, it’s the pressure on twisting that does. SO a comfortable wearing sizes is what you're best to select.
For your average child to adult it’s the Large 'plus a bit' or the XL that is best for all day wear. The two smaller sizes are better for intense input on roll or for those that like a tight feel.
When twisting it around wrist the same amount of input can be achieved using any of the sizes. It is the pressure from the other hand that creates the degree of "ouch" not so much the size.
If unsure, we are happy to chat regarding re your specific needs if that would be helpful.
PLEASE NOTE: The spikey material is not designed to be over stretched/ over extended using both hands. If overstretched it will become out of shape and not return to its original form. Thus, not suitable for those that like to pull at things with two hands, like to pull things apart or generally like to test limits of products. If twisted back and forth on itself near the join it will break and cannot be put back together. This is not a fault in the product.
Please note if wearing the spikey for any period of time that it is important to monitor the skin to ensure it it is not compromising circulation.
Age 3+ (not suitable for under 3’s)
- Includes storage container
- Range of sizes
- Expandable carbon steel metal material.
- The metal is highly durable but can be over stretched if used not in accordance with its typical use by rigorous stretching. It is not meant to be pulled or twisted significantly. They may not suit some that like to pull things apart. It will not recover if over stretched or broken.
Kaiko Fidget sensory tools can assist with...
Supporting mental health & reducing anxiety
Emotional regulation & sensory input
Focus & concentration - great study or work tool
Tactile awareness & desensitisation
Hand function – improving fine motor, strength & circulation
Active listening - can increase focus & attention
Reducing unhelpful habits - such as nail biting, smoking, tapping, hair twirling, pen clicking & leg bouncing etc.
Sensory seeking substitution - finding a more socially acceptable outlet for sensory preferences
We aim to post all orders within 24 hours of receiving an order.
Standard Shipping Rate is $12.95 (3-5 business days)
Express Shipping Rate is $16.95 (1-2 business days)
Large or special items may incur additional postage & handling charges.
We ship to most destinations around the world. There are some set up for flat rate shipping.
Please note that charges do not include any duty/taxes charged by your country's port authorities (if applicable). You will be responsible for any charges they may add. We are unable to quote these as they vary from country to country, however will show up as a flat rate at checkout based on your location.
If your country isn't set up for flat rate shipping please email us a list of the products you are interested in and your shipping information /address to email@example.com and we can provide you with a quote.
We have a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused, with tags, and in its original packaging. You’ll also need the receipt or proof of purchase.
To start a return, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your return is accepted, we’ll send you a return shipping label, as well as instructions on how and where to send your package. Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted.
You can always contact us for any return question at email@example.com.