Our amazing Kaiko Spikey fidget has been an instant favourite! It provides firm and textured sensory feedback when rolled up and down the finger. It is touted to have remedial benefit, stimulating acupressure points.
It is particularly good for those that pick and bite as the 'bitey' sensation stimulates in a similar way without the harm. Comes in 7 colours & both as singles or sets of 5 & 7.
We affectionately refer to this one as the “coriander of fidgets” - you either love or hate this one.
check our it’s “big brother” wrist spikey.
Ideally suited to those that like strong sensory input. The Kaiko Wrist & Finger Spikey Fidgets are one of our most popular fidgets for those who need deep and focused pressure to assist with self regulation.
It is made of a powder coated metal that is 'woven' to be stretchy and flexible.
It is an ideal fidget for those who pick at their skin, fingernails and clothing.
We have had amazing feedback regarding this tool. Especially for those who live with anxiety. We have had particularly good feedback from those who pick or self-harm. Indeed, we have had customers who’ve bought the wrist spikey fidget from us and told us it has been the best tool as it provides 'ouch' without damaging the skin. Of course, the spikey fidget does not replace accessing professional help. It is a useful tool for the kit-bag.
The Kaiko Spikey helps with self regulation, calming, focus, concentration, tactile awareness and as a substitution for unhealthy/unhelpful behaviours.
We have also had a number of customers report it being helpful in reducing pain, swelling & disturbed sensation in fingers. Please consult your treating clinician regarding their use for your specific condition.
Some ways to use the spikey...
- Roll up & down the finger. It can rolled using the same hand or alternate hand.
- Rub between two palms
- Hold in one or two hands to fidget
- Place on finger & twist around (similar to a 'Chinese burn') applying varying degrees of pressure dependent on preference. This technique has been particularly helpful for some in minimising self harm. It can provide the 'hurt' without the harm to the skin. Of course, the spikey fidget does not replace accessing professional help. It is a useful tool for the kit-bag.
Please note if wearing the spikey for any period of time that it is important to monitor the skin to ensure it it is not compromising circulation.
- Age 3+ (not suitable for under 3’s)
- Includes storage container
- Range of sizes
- Expandable metal material