The Kaiko wrist spikey is discreet to wear and is primarily used as a harm minimisation tool that provides 'hurt without harm'.
We have had customers who’ve bought the wrist spikey fidget from us and told us it has been the best tool to help them warding against tendency to self-harm, as it provides 'ouch' without damaging the skin. Of course, the spikey fidget does not replace accessing professional help. It is a useful tool for the kit-bag.
The Kaiko Spikey for wrist helps with self-regulation, calming, focus, concentration, tactile awareness and as a substitution for unhealthy/unhelpful behaviours. We have also had a number of customers report it being helpful in reducing pain & disturbed sensation in arms and muscles. Please consult your treating clinician regarding specific use for your specific condition.
Made of stretchy metal, they come in a range of sizes and NOW a range of colours. Colour versions can be found in separate listings.
It is an ideal tool for those that
- need support to minimise self harm. It can provide the 'hurt' without the harm.
- pick at their skin, fingernails & fingers and clothing.
- live with anxiety & find high sensory input helpful.
If wanting to wear it all day we recommend for most (youth and adults) that the Large, Large PLUS A BIT or the XL be purchased. More details below re sizing.
Ideally suited to those that like strong sensory input. The Kaiko Wrist Spikey Fidget is one of our most popular fidgets for those who need deep and focused pressure to assist with self-regulation.
It is made of a powder coated carbon steel metal that is 'woven' to be stretchy and flexible.
Some ways to use the wrist spikey...
- Roll up & down the arm
- Rub between two palms
- Hold in one or two hands to fidget
- Wear on wrist or ankle & flick
- Place on wrist or ankle & twist around (similar to a 'Chinese burn') applying varying degrees of pressure dependent on preference. This technique has been particularly helpful for some in minimising self harm. It can provide the 'hurt' without the harm to the skin. Of course, the spikey fidget does not replace accessing professional help. It is a useful tool for the kit bag.
- Rub it on parts of body to replace picking, such as lips
Please note if wearing the wrist spikey for any period of time that it is important to monitor the skin to ensure it it is not compromising circulation. Many who like this also like the Kaiko Spikey for finger.
Also touted to have remedial benefit, stimulating acupressure points & assisting with circulation. These are stretchy but firm.
PLEASE NOTE: The spikey material is not designed to be over stretched/ over extended using both hands. If overstretched it will become out of shape and not return to its original form. Thus, not suitable for those that like to pull at things with two hands, like to pull things apart or generally like to test limits of products.
How do I SELECT the Right SIZE?
Kaiko Spikey for wrist comes in 6 sizes.
If wanting to wear it all day we recommend for most (youth & adults) that the XL be purchased. If wrist is tiny then the Large, if small/medium size then Large 'plus a bit'. More details below.
The sizing selected for the wrist spikey is very personal. Many of those that have tried it and find it helpful end up getting all 4 smaller sizes and use in different contexts/situations.
At first glance, it’s easy to assume sizing selection is best based on size of wrist or age of person using it. This is certainly one contributing factor, however over time its become clear that is isn't the only thing to consider.
Its so important especially with the wrist spikey to select best size for purpose.
The wrist spikey is used in used 2 main ways –
1. for high sensory input rolled up and down arm -The small & medium are great for strong input, but generally not comfortable to wear all day, more a 'use as required and then store away' size. The smaller, the more sensory input it provides when rolled.
2. for harm minimisation /high input when distressed (twisted and pressed into wrist buy other hand in the moment of need) – for this you want the product to be wearable and literally on hand as needed.
To wear it all day you want it to not band or create restriction. When using it in this way the size isn’t what delivers the high input, it’s the pressure on twisting that does. SO a comfortable wearing sizes is what you're best to select.
For very small wrists the large is good but for your average child to adult it’s the Large 'plus a bit' or the XL that is best. The XXL for larger/chunky wrists or for use on ankles.
So essentially - if twisting it around wrist the same amount of input can be achieved using any of the sizes. It is the pressure from the other hand that creates the degree of "ouch".
If unsure, we are happy to chat regarding re your specific needs if that would be helpful.
The unstretched internal diameter (across) measurements are:
SMALL: 12.5 cm length - super intense for adults or for tiny child wrists.
MEDIUM: 14.5cm length - this is a great size for intense input for adult wrists to use as needed, then take off.
LARGE: 17 cm length - For all day wear for younger children or for petite wrists.
LARGE 'PLUS A BIT': 18 cm length - For all day wear for youth and average size wrists.
XL: 20.5cm length for the XL - this often the best size for ALL DAY wear for most teens & adults.
XXL: 24cm length -This is suitable for ankles and very large wrist
- Age 3+ (not suitable for under 3’s)
- Includes storage container
- Range of sizes & colours
- Expandable carbon steel metal material
- The metal is highly durable but can be over stretched if used not in accordance with its typical use by rigorous stretching. It is not meant to be pulled significantly so may not suit some that like to pull things apart. It will not recover if over stretched.
Kaiko Fidget sensory tools can assist with...
- Supporting mental health & reducing anxiety
- Emotional regulation & sensory input
- Focus & concentration - great study or work tool
- Tactile awareness & desensitisation
- Hand function – improving fine motor, strength & circulation
- Managing stress
- Active listening - can increase focus & attention
- Reducing unhelpful habits - such as nail biting, smoking, tapping, hair twirling, pen clicking & leg bouncing etc.
- Sensory seeking substitution - finding a more socially acceptable outlet for sensory preferences
Not suitable for children under three years old.
We aim to post all orders within 24 hours of receiving an order.
Standard Shipping Rate is $12.95 (3-5 business days)
Express Shipping Rate is $16.95 (1-2 business days)
Large or special items may incur additional postage & handling charges.
We ship to most destinations around the world. There are some set up for flat rate shipping.
Please note that charges do not include any duty/taxes charged by your country's port authorities (if applicable). You will be responsible for any charges they may add. We are unable to quote these as they vary from country to country, however will show up as a flat rate at checkout based on your location.
If your country isn't set up for flat rate shipping please email us a list of the products you are interested in and your shipping information /address to email@example.com and we can provide you with a quote.
We have a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused, with tags, and in its original packaging. You’ll also need the receipt or proof of purchase.
To start a return, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your return is accepted, we’ll send you a return shipping label, as well as instructions on how and where to send your package. Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted.
You can always contact us for any return question at email@example.com.