The amazing NEW Kaiko TIGHTER finger Spikey fidget has been an instant favourite! It provides firmer sensory feedback to our original finger spikey when rolled up and down the finger. It is great for those that like a firmer, tighter input. These are stretchy but firm.
It is particularly good for those that pick and bite as the 'bitey' sensation stimulates in a similar way without the harm. Comes in 8 colours & 2 sizes.
When selecting a size its not so much about hand size but more about level on constriction you prefer. The 'tighter' spikey is much firmer to roll. If using it to twist around finger or clench fist when its on for "ouch' then the bigger of the two is better generally.
We affectionately refer to this one as the “coriander of fidgets” - you either love or hate this one.
Feedback from one of our lovely customers Sally ... "I don’t think I initially understood quite what they would feel like. I was a bit concerned that the spikey might be a bit too pinchy and overwhelming but I was delighted to discover that it’s very similar to running your fingers over the bristles of a plastic hairbrush."
Also check out its “big brother” wrist spikey.
Some ways to use the spikey...
- Roll up & down the finger. It can be rolled using the same hand or alternate hand. This is great for focus.
- Rub between two palms for a scratchy feel.
- Hold in one or two hands to fidget.
- Place on finger & twist around using thumb (similar to a 'Chinese burn') applying varying degrees of pressure-dependent on preference. This technique has been particularly helpful for some in minimising self-harm. It can provide the 'hurt' without harm to the skin. Of course, the spikey fidget does not replace accessing professional help. It is a useful tool for the kit-bag.
- Place on one finger at the base (middle finger often best) & squeeze/clench fist. This is, for most, the way they use it for harm minimisation.
Please note if wearing the spikey for any period of time that it is important to monitor the skin to ensure it is not compromising circulation.
You can slightly stretch the metal, working around it to create a looser feel if preferred. Needs to be done bit by bit and section by section to create an even stretch. (See video). Please note once stretched it cannot be un stretched. If overstretched it will become out of shape and not return to its original form. Thus, not suitable for those that like to pull at things with two hands, like to pull things apart or generally like to test limits of products.
Kaiko Fidget sensory tools can assist with...
- Supporting mental health & reducing anxiety
- Emotional regulation & sensory input
- Focus & concentration - great study or work tool
- Tactile awareness & desensitisation
- Hand function – improving fine motor, strength & circulation
- Managing stress
- Active listening - can increase focus & attention
- Reducing unhelpful habits - such as nail biting, smoking, tapping, hair twirling, pen clicking & leg bouncing etc.
- Sensory seeking substitution - finding a more socially acceptable outlet for sensory preferences
Not suitable for children under three years old.
Ideally suited to those that like strong sensory input. The Kaiko Wrist & Finger Spikey Fidgets are one of our most popular fidgets for those who need deep and focused pressure to assist with self regulation.
It is made of a powder coated metal that is 'woven' to be stretchy and flexible.
It is an ideal fidget for those who pick at their skin, fingernails and clothing.
We have had amazing feedback regarding this tool. Especially for those who live with anxiety. We have had particularly good feedback from those who pick or self-harm. Indeed, we have had customers who’ve bought one of our spikey range have shared they have been the best tool as it provides 'ouch' without damaging the skin. Of course, the spikey fidget does not replace accessing professional help. It is a useful tool for the kit-bag.
The Kaiko Spikey helps with self regulation, calming, focus, concentration, tactile awareness and as a substitution for unhealthy/unhelpful behaviours.
We have also had a number of customers report it being helpful in reducing pain, swelling & disturbed sensation in fingers. Please consult your treating clinician regarding their use for your specific condition.
Age 3+ (not suitable for under 3’s)
- Includes storage container
- Range of sizes
- Expandable carbon steel metal material.
- The metal is highly durable but can be over stretched if used not in accordance with its typical use by rigorous stretching. It is not meant to be pulled significantly so may not suit some that like to pull things apart. It will not recover if over stretched.
If wanting to wear it or alter sensory input you can gently over stretch it to increase its size. To do this take your time and very slowly work around ring with both hands putting tension on metal. Over stretching will cause it to loose shape and it will not rebound.
We aim to post all orders within 24 hours of receiving an order.
Standard Shipping Rate is $12.95 (3-5 business days)
Express Shipping Rate is $16.95 (1-2 business days)
Large or special items may incur additional postage & handling charges.
We ship to most destinations around the world. There are some set up for flat rate shipping.
Please note that charges do not include any duty/taxes charged by your country's port authorities (if applicable). You will be responsible for any charges they may add. We are unable to quote these as they vary from country to country, however will show up as a flat rate at checkout based on your location.
If your country isn't set up for flat rate shipping please email us a list of the products you are interested in and your shipping information /address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can provide you with a quote.
We have a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused, with tags, and in its original packaging. You’ll also need the receipt or proof of purchase.
To start a return, you can contact us at email@example.com. If your return is accepted, we’ll send you a return shipping label, as well as instructions on how and where to send your package. Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted.
You can always contact us for any return question at firstname.lastname@example.org.